Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) master, master copy, original (an original creation (i.e., an audio recording) from which copies can be made)
- S: (n) original, archetype, pilot (something that serves as a model or a basis for making copies) "this painting is a copy of the original"
- S: (adj) original (preceding all others in time or being as first made or performed) "the original inhabitants of the Americas"; "the book still has its original binding"; "restored the house to its original condition"; "the original performance of the opera"; "the original cast"; "retracted his original statement"
- S: (adj) original ((of e.g. information) not secondhand or by way of something intermediary) "his work is based on only original, not secondary, sources"
- S: (adj) original (being or productive of something fresh and unusual; or being as first made or thought of) "a truly original approach"; "with original music"; "an original mind"
- S: (adj) original (not derived or copied or translated from something else) "the play is original; not an adaptation"; "he kept the original copy and gave her only a xerox"; "the translation misses much of the subtlety of the original French"