Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) national, subject (a person who owes allegiance to that nation) "a monarch has a duty to his subjects"
- S: (adj) national (of or relating to or belonging to a nation or country) "national hero"; "national anthem"; "a national landmark"
- S: (adj) national (limited to or in the interests of a particular nation) "national interests"; "isolationism is a strictly national policy"
- S: (adj) national (concerned with or applicable to or belonging to an entire nation or country) "the national government"; "national elections"; "of national concern"; "the national highway system"; "national forests"
- S: (adj) national (owned or maintained for the public by the national government) "national parks"
- S: (adj) home, interior, internal, national (inside the country) "the British Home Office has broader responsibilities than the United States Department of the Interior"; "the nation's internal politics"
- S: (adj) national (characteristic of or peculiar to the people of a nation) "a national trait"
- S: (adj) national (of or relating to nationality) "national origin"