Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) length (the linear extent in space from one end to the other; the longest dimension of something that is fixed in place) "the length of the table was 5 feet"
- S: (n) duration, length (continuance in time) "the ceremony was of short duration"; "he complained about the length of time required"
- S: (n) length (the property of being the extent of something from beginning to end) "the editor limited the length of my article to 500 words"
- S: (n) distance, length (size of the gap between two places) "the distance from New York to Chicago"; "he determined the length of the shortest line segment joining the two points"
- S: (n) length (a section of something that is long and narrow) "a length of timber"; "a length of tubing"