Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) left-handed (using or intended for the left hand) "left-handed golfers need left-handed clubs"; "left-handed scissors"
- S: (adj) left-handed ((of marriages) illicit or informal) "in Colonial America left-handed marriages between Frenchmen and Indians were frequent"
- S: (adj) morganatic, left-handed ((of marriages) of a marriage between one of royal or noble birth and one of lower rank; valid but with the understanding that the rank of the inferior remains unchanged and offspring do not succeed to titles or property of the superior)
- S: (adj) levorotary, levorotatory, left-handed (rotating to the left)
- S: (adj) left-handed (ironically ambiguous) "a left-handed compliment"
- S: (adj) bumbling, bungling, butterfingered, ham-fisted, ham-handed, handless, heavy-handed, left-handed (lacking physical movement skills, especially with the hands) "a bumbling mechanic"; "a bungling performance"; "ham-handed governmental interference"; "could scarcely empty a scuttle of ashes, so handless was the poor creature"- Mary H. Vorse