Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) keep up (maintain a required pace or level) "He could not keep up and dropped out of the race"
- S: (v) prolong, sustain, keep up (lengthen or extend in duration or space) "We sustained the diplomatic negotiations as long as possible"; "prolong the treatment of the patient"; "keep up the good work"
- S: (v) conserve, preserve, maintain, keep up (keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction) "We preserve these archeological findings"; "The old lady could not keep up the building"; "children must be taught to conserve our national heritage"; "The museum curator conserved the ancient manuscripts"
- S: (v) keep up, keep abreast, follow (keep informed) "He kept up on his country's foreign policies"
- S: (v) keep up (prevent from going to bed at night) "The anticipation of the trip kept the children up all night"; "I kept myself up all night studying for the exam"