Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) just (used especially of what is legally or ethically right or proper or fitting) "a just and lasting peace"- A.Lincoln; "a kind and just man"; "a just reward"; "his just inheritance"
- S: (adj) equitable, just (fair to all parties as dictated by reason and conscience) "equitable treatment of all citizens"; "an equitable distribution of gifts among the children"
- S: (adj) fair, just (free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception; conforming with established standards or rules) "a fair referee"; "fair deal"; "on a fair footing"; "a fair fight"; "by fair means or foul"
- S: (adj) good, just, upright (of moral excellence) "a genuinely good person"; "a just cause"; "an upright and respectable man"
- S: (adv) merely, simply, just, only, but (and nothing more) "I was merely asking"; "it is simply a matter of time"; "just a scratch"; "he was only a child"; "hopes that last but a moment"
- S: (adv) precisely, exactly, just, properly (indicating exactness or preciseness) "he was doing precisely (or exactly) what she had told him to do"; "it was just as he said--the jewel was gone"; "it has just enough salt"; "Properly speaking, all true work is religion."--Thomas Carlyle
- S: (adv) just, just now (only a moment ago) "he has just arrived"; "the sun just now came out"
- S: (adv) just, simply ((used for emphasis) absolutely) "I just can't take it anymore"; "he was just grand as Romeo"; "it's simply beautiful!"
- S: (adv) barely, hardly, just, scarcely, scarce (only a very short time before) "we hardly knew them"; "had scarcely rung the bell when the door flew open"; "would have scarce arrived before she would have found some excuse to leave"- W.B.Yeats
- S: (adv) just (possibly (indicating a slight chance of something being true)) "it might just happen"
- S: (adv) just (exactly at this moment or the moment described) "we've just finished painting the walls, so don't touch them"
- S: (adv) barely, just (by a little) "I only just caught the bus"; "he finished the marathon in just under 3 hours"; "it was barely 5 a.m."; "the network has barely 5 percent of viewers"; "the batter just missed being hit"