Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) evil, immorality, wickedness, iniquity (morally objectionable behavior)
- S: (n) evil (that which causes harm or destruction or misfortune) "the evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones"- Shakespeare
- S: (n) evil, evilness (the quality of being morally wrong in principle or practice) "attempts to explain the origin of evil in the world"
- S: (adj) evil (morally bad or wrong) "evil purposes"; "an evil influence"; "evil deeds"
- S: (adj) evil, vicious (having the nature of vice)
- S: (adj) malefic, malevolent, malign, evil (having or exerting a malignant influence) "malevolent stars"; "a malefic force"