Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) understanding, apprehension, discernment, savvy (the cognitive condition of someone who understands) "he has virtually no understanding of social cause and effect"
- S: (n) taste, appreciation, discernment, perceptiveness (delicate discrimination (especially of aesthetic values)) "arrogance and lack of taste contributed to his rapid success"; "to ask at that particular time was the ultimate in bad taste"
- S: (n) discernment, perceptiveness (perception of that which is obscure)
- S: (n) sagacity, sagaciousness, judgment, judgement, discernment (the mental ability to understand and discriminate between relations)
- S: (n) discretion, discernment (the trait of judging wisely and objectively) "a man of discernment"