Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) designate, denominate (assign a name or title to)
- S: (v) delegate, designate, depute, assign (give an assignment to (a person) to a post, or assign a task to (a person))
- S: (v) indicate, point, designate, show (indicate a place, direction, person, or thing; either spatially or figuratively) "I showed the customer the glove section"; "He pointed to the empty parking space"; "he indicated his opponents"
- S: (v) destine, fate, doom, designate (decree or designate beforehand) "She was destined to become a great pianist"
- S: (v) intend, destine, designate, specify (design or destine) "She was intended to become the director"
- S: (adj) designate (appointed but not yet installed in office)