Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) design, designing (the act of working out the form of something (as by making a sketch or outline or plan)) "he contributed to the design of a new instrument"
- S: (n) design, plan (an arrangement scheme) "the awkward design of the keyboard made operation difficult"; "it was an excellent design for living"; "a plan for seating guests"
- S: (n) blueprint, design, pattern (something intended as a guide for making something else) "a blueprint for a house"; "a pattern for a skirt"
- S: (n) design, pattern, figure (a decorative or artistic work) "the coach had a design on the doors"
- S: (n) purpose, intent, intention, aim, design (an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions) "his intent was to provide a new translation"; "good intentions are not enough"; "it was created with the conscious aim of answering immediate needs"; "he made no secret of his designs"
- S: (n) design (a preliminary sketch indicating the plan for something) "the design of a building"
- S: (n) invention, innovation, excogitation, conception, design (the creation of something in the mind)
- S: (v) plan, project, contrive, design (make or work out a plan for; devise) "They contrived to murder their boss"; "design a new sales strategy"; "plan an attack"
- S: (v) design (plan something for a specific role or purpose or effect) "This room is not designed for work"
- S: (v) design (create the design for; create or execute in an artistic or highly skilled manner) "Chanel designed the famous suit"
- S: (v) design, plan (make a design of; plan out in systematic, often graphic form) "design a better mousetrap"; "plan the new wing of the museum"
- S: (v) design (create designs) "Dupont designs for the house of Chanel"
- S: (v) design (conceive or fashion in the mind; invent) "She designed a good excuse for not attending classes that day"
- S: (v) design (intend or have as a purpose) "She designed to go far in the world of business"