Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) rotter, dirty dog, rat, skunk, stinker, stinkpot, bum, puke, crumb, lowlife, scum bag, so-and-so, git (a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible) "only a rotter would do that"; "kill the rat"; "throw the bum out"; "you cowardly little pukes!"; "the British call a contemptible person a `git'"
- S: (n) tramp, hobo, bum (a vagrant) "a homeless tramp"; "he tried to help the really down-and-out bums"
- S: (n) idler, loafer, do-nothing, layabout, bum (person who does no work) "a lazy bum"
- S: (n) buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass (the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on) "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
- S: (v) mooch, bum, cadge, grub, sponge (ask for and get free; be a parasite)
- S: (v) bum, bum around, bum about, arse around, arse about, fuck off, loaf, frig around, waste one's time, lounge around, loll, loll around, lounge about (be lazy or idle) "Her son is just bumming around all day"