Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) yard, pace (a unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimeters; originally taken to be the average length of a stride)
- S: (n) yard, grounds, curtilage (the enclosed land around a house or other building) "it was a small house with almost no yard"
- S: (n) yard (a tract of land enclosed for particular activities (sometimes paved and usually associated with buildings)) "they opened a repair yard on the edge of town"
- S: (n) thousand, one thousand, 1000, M, K, chiliad, G, grand, thou, yard (the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100)
- S: (n) cubic yard, yard (a unit of volume (as for sand or gravel))
- S: (n) yard (a tract of land where logs are accumulated)
- S: (n) yard, railway yard, railyard (an area having a network of railway tracks and sidings for storage and maintenance of cars and engines)
- S: (n) yard (a long horizontal spar tapered at the end and used to support and spread a square sail or lateen)
- S: (n) yard (an enclosure for animals (as chicken or livestock))