Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) wrong, wrongfulness (that which is contrary to the principles of justice or law) "he feels that you are in the wrong"
- S: (n) wrong, legal injury, damage (any harm or injury resulting from a violation of a legal right)
- S: (v) wrong (treat unjustly; do wrong to)
- S: (adj) incorrect, wrong (not correct; not in conformity with fact or truth) "an incorrect calculation"; "the report in the paper is wrong"; "your information is wrong"; "the clock showed the wrong time"; "found themselves on the wrong road"; "based on the wrong assumptions"
- S: (adj) wrong (contrary to conscience or morality or law) "it is wrong for the rich to take advantage of the poor"; "cheating is wrong"; "it is wrong to lie"
- S: (adj) improper, wrong (not appropriate for a purpose or occasion) "said all the wrong things"
- S: (adj) amiss, awry, haywire, wrong (not functioning properly) "something is amiss"; "has gone completely haywire"; "something is wrong with the engine"
- S: (adj) wrong (based on or acting or judging in error) "it is wrong to think that way"
- S: (adj) wrong, incorrect (not in accord with established usage or procedure) "the wrong medicine"; "the wrong way to shuck clams"; "it is incorrect for a policeman to accept gifts"
- S: (adj) wrong (used of the side of cloth or clothing intended to face inward) "socks worn wrong side out"
- S: (adj) ill-timed, unseasonable, untimely, wrong (badly timed) "an ill-timed intervention"; "you think my intrusion unseasonable"; "an untimely remark"; "it was the wrong moment for a joke"
- S: (adj) faulty, incorrect, wrong (characterized by errors; not agreeing with a model or not following established rules) "he submitted a faulty report"; "an incorrect transcription"; "the wrong side of the road"
- S: (adv) incorrectly, wrongly, wrong (in an inaccurate manner) "he decided to reveal the details only after other sources had reported them incorrectly"; "she guessed wrong"