Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) writing, authorship, composition, penning (the act of creating written works) "writing was a form of therapy for him"; "it was a matter of disputed authorship"
- S: (n) writing, written material, piece of writing (the work of a writer; anything expressed in letters of the alphabet (especially when considered from the point of view of style and effect)) "the writing in her novels is excellent"; "that editorial was a fine piece of writing"
- S: (n) writing ((usually plural) the collected work of an author) "the idea occurs with increasing frequency in Hemingway's writings"
- S: (n) writing (letters or symbols that are written or imprinted on a surface to represent the sounds or words of a language) "he turned the paper over so the writing wouldn't show"; "the doctor's writing was illegible"
- S: (n) writing, committal to writing (the activity of putting something in written form) "she did the thinking while he did the writing"