Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) worm (any of numerous relatively small elongated soft-bodied animals especially of the phyla Annelida and Chaetognatha and Nematoda and Nemertea and Platyhelminthes; also many insect larvae)
- S: (n) worm, louse, insect, dirt ball (a person who has a nasty or unethical character undeserving of respect)
- S: (n) worm (a software program capable of reproducing itself that can spread from one computer to the next over a network) "worms take advantage of automatic file sending and receiving features found on many computers"
- S: (n) worm (screw thread on a gear with the teeth of a worm wheel or rack)
- S: (v) writhe, wrestle, wriggle, worm, squirm, twist (to move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling)) "The prisoner writhed in discomfort"; "The child tried to wriggle free from his aunt's embrace"