Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) working, workings (a mine or quarry that is being or has been worked)
- S: (adj) working, on the job (actively engaged in paid work) "the working population"; "the ratio of working men to unemployed"; "a working mother"; "robots can be on the job day and night"
- S: (adj) working (adequate for practical use; especially sufficient in strength or numbers to accomplish something) "the party has a working majority in the House"; "a working knowledge of Spanish"
- S: (adj) working (adopted as a temporary basis for further work) "a working draft"; "a working hypothesis"
- S: (adj) running, operative, functional, working ((of e.g. a machine) performing or capable of performing) "in running (or working) order"; "a functional set of brakes"
- S: (adj) working (serving to permit or facilitate further work or activity) "discussed the working draft of a peace treaty"; "they need working agreements with their neighbor states on interstate projects"