Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) win (be the winner in a contest or competition; be victorious) "He won the Gold Medal in skating"; "Our home team won"; "Win the game"
- S: (v) acquire, win, gain (win something through one's efforts) "I acquired a passing knowledge of Chinese"; "Gain an understanding of international finance"; "win someone's confidence and friendship"
- S: (v) gain, advance, win, pull ahead, make headway, get ahead, gain ground (obtain advantages, such as points, etc.) "The home team was gaining ground"; "After defeating the Knicks, the Blazers pulled ahead of the Lakers in the battle for the number-one playoff berth in the Western Conference"; "win points"
- S: (v) succeed, win, come through, bring home the bacon, deliver the goods (attain success or reach a desired goal) "The enterprise succeeded"; "We succeeded in getting tickets to the show"; "she struggled to overcome her handicap and won"
- S: (v) earn, garner, win (acquire or deserve by one's efforts or actions) "its beauty won Paris the name 'City of Lights'"
- S: (adj) won (not subject to defeat) "with that move it's a won game"