Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) witness, witnesser, informant (someone who sees an event and reports what happened)
- S: (n) spectator, witness, viewer, watcher, looker (a close observer; someone who looks at something (such as an exhibition of some kind)) "the spectators applauded the performance"; "television viewers"; "sky watchers discovered a new star"
- S: (n) witness (testimony by word or deed to your religious faith)
- S: (n) witness, attestant, attestor, attestator ((law) a person who attests to the genuineness of a document or signature by adding their own signature)
- S: (n) witness ((law) a person who testifies under oath in a court of law)
- S: (v) witness (be a witness to) "She witnessed the accident and had to testify in court"
- S: (v) witness, find, see (perceive or be contemporaneous with) "We found Republicans winning the offices"; "You'll see a lot of cheating in this school"; "The 1960's saw the rebellion of the younger generation against established traditions"; "I want to see results"