Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) war, warfare (the waging of armed conflict against an enemy) "thousands of people were killed in the war"
- S: (n) war, state of war (a legal state created by a declaration of war and ended by official declaration during which the international rules of war apply) "war was declared in November but actual fighting did not begin until the following spring"
- S: (n) war, warfare (an active struggle between competing entities) "a price war"; "a war of wits"; "diplomatic warfare"
- S: (n) war (a concerted campaign to end something that is injurious) "the war on poverty"; "the war against crime"
- S: (v) war (make or wage war)