Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) privation, want, deprivation, neediness (a state of extreme poverty)
- S: (n) lack, deficiency, want (the state of needing something that is absent or unavailable) "there is a serious lack of insight into the problem"; "water is the critical deficiency in desert regions"; "for want of a nail the shoe was lost"
- S: (n) need, want (anything that is necessary but lacking) "he had sufficient means to meet his simple needs"; "I tried to supply his wants"
- S: (n) wish, wishing, want (a specific feeling of desire) "he got his wish"; "he was above all wishing and desire"
- S: (v) desire, want (feel or have a desire for; want strongly) "I want to go home now"; "I want my own room"
- S: (v) want, need, require (have need of) "This piano wants the attention of a competent tuner"
- S: (v) want (hunt or look for; want for a particular reason) "Your former neighbor is wanted by the FBI"; "Uncle Sam wants you"
- S: (v) want (wish or demand the presence of) "I want you here at noon!"
- S: (v) want (be without, lack; be deficient in) "want courtesy"; "want the strength to go on living"; "flood victims wanting food and shelter"