Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) volatile (a volatile substance; a substance that changes readily from solid or liquid to a vapor) "it was heated to evaporate the volatiles"
- S: (adj) volatile (evaporating readily at normal temperatures and pressures) "volatile oils"; "volatile solvents"
- S: (adj) explosive, volatile (liable to lead to sudden change or violence) "an explosive issue"; "a volatile situation with troops and rioters eager for a confrontation"
- S: (adj) fickle, volatile (marked by erratic changeableness in affections or attachments) "fickle friends"; "a flirt's volatile affections"
- S: (adj) volatile (tending to vary often or widely) "volatile stocks"; "volatile emotions"