Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) annoy, rag, get to, bother, get at, irritate, rile, nark, nettle, gravel, vex, chafe, devil (cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations) "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
- S: (v) worry, vex (disturb the peace of mind of; afflict with mental agitation or distress) "I cannot sleep--my daughter's health is worrying me"
- S: (v) agitate, vex, disturb, commove, shake up, stir up, raise up (change the arrangement or position of)
- S: (v) vex (subject to prolonged examination, discussion, or deliberation) "vex the subject of the death penalty"
- S: (v) perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound (be a mystery or bewildering to) "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"