Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) verbal (communicated in the form of words) "verbal imagery"; "a verbal protest"
- S: (adj) verbal (of or relating to or formed from words in general) "verbal ability"
- S: (adj) verbal (of or relating to or formed from a verb) "verbal adjectives like `running' in `hot and cold running water'"
- S: (adj) verbal (relating to or having facility in the use of words) "a good poet is a verbal artist"; "a merely verbal writer who sacrifices content to sound"; "verbal aptitude"
- S: (adj) verbal (expressed in spoken words) "a verbal contract"
- S: (adj) verbal (prolix) "you put me to forget a lady's manners by being so verbal"- Shakespeare