Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) vegetate (lead a passive existence without using one's body or mind)
- S: (v) vegetate (establish vegetation on) "They vegetated the hills behind their house"
- S: (v) vegetate (produce vegetation) "The fields vegetate vigorously"
- S: (v) vegetate (grow like a plant) "This fungus usually vegetates vigorously"
- S: (v) vegetate (grow or spread abnormally) "warts and polyps can vegetate if not removed"
- S: (v) vegetate (propagate asexually) "The bacterial growth vegetated along"
- S: (v) vege out, vegetate (engage in passive relaxation) "After a hard day's work, I vegetate in front of the television"