Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) assortment, mixture, mixed bag, miscellany, miscellanea, variety, salmagundi, smorgasbord, potpourri, motley (a collection containing a variety of sorts of things) "a great assortment of cars was on display"; "he had a variety of disorders"; "a veritable smorgasbord of religions"
- S: (n) diverseness, diversity, multifariousness, variety (noticeable heterogeneity) "a diversity of possibilities"; "the range and variety of his work is amazing"
- S: (n) variety ((biology) a taxonomic category consisting of members of a species that differ from others of the same species in minor but heritable characteristics) "varieties are frequently recognized in botany"
- S: (n) variety show, variety (a show consisting of a series of short unrelated performances)
- S: (n) kind, sort, form, variety (a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality) "sculpture is a form of art"; "what kinds of desserts are there?"
- S: (n) variety, change (a difference that is usually pleasant) "he goes to France for variety"; "it is a refreshing change to meet a woman mechanic"