Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) update (information or data that updates) "do you have the latest software update?"; "I just heard the update on the unemployment figures"
- S: (n) update (the act of bringing someone or something up to date) "the server update ran overnight"; "the local news station broadcast a special weather update"
- S: (v) update (modernize or bring up to date) "We updated the kitchen in the old house"
- S: (v) update (bring up to date; supply with recent information)
- S: (v) update (bring to the latest state of technology or supply with the latest data) "tonight, I will update my operating system"; "we updated the database with the most recent figures"