Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) nether, under (located below or beneath something else) "nether garments"; "the under parts of a machine"
- S: (adj) under (lower in rank, power, or authority) "an under secretary"
- S: (adv) under (down to defeat, death, or ruin) "their competitors went under"
- S: (adv) under (through a range downward) "children six and under will be admitted free"
- S: (adv) under (into unconsciousness) "this will put the patient under"
- S: (adv) under (in or into a state of subordination or subjugation) "we must keep our disappointment under"
- S: (adv) under (below some quantity or limit) "fifty dollars or under"
- S: (adv) under (below the horizon) "the sun went under"
- S: (adv) under (down below) "get under quickly!"
- S: (adv) under, below (further down) "see under for further discussion"