Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) uncertain, unsure, incertain (lacking or indicating lack of confidence or assurance) "uncertain of his convictions"; "unsure of himself and his future"; "moving with uncertain (or unsure) steps"; "an uncertain smile"; "touched the ornaments with uncertain fingers"
- S: (adj) uncertain (not established beyond doubt; still undecided or unknown) "an uncertain future"; "a manuscript of uncertain origin"; "plans are still uncertain"; "changes of great if uncertain consequences"; "without further evidence his story must remain uncertain"
- S: (adj) unsealed, uncertain (not established or confirmed) "his doom is as yet unsealed"
- S: (adj) uncertain (not certain to occur; not inevitable) "everything is uncertain about the army"; "the issue is uncertain"
- S: (adj) changeable, uncertain, unsettled (subject to change) "a changeable climate"; "the weather is uncertain"; "unsettled weather with rain and hail and sunshine coming one right after the other"
- S: (adj) uncertain (not consistent or dependable) "an uncertain recollection of events"; "a gun with a rather uncertain trigger"
- S: (adj) uncertain (ambiguous (especially in the negative)) "she spoke in no uncertain terms"