Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) tug (pull hard) "The prisoner tugged at the chains"; "This movie tugs at the heart strings"
- S: (v) tug, labor, labour, push, drive (strive and make an effort to reach a goal) "She tugged for years to make a decent living"; "We have to push a little to make the deadline!"; "She is driving away at her doctoral thesis"
- S: (v) tug (tow (a vessel) with a tug) "The tugboat tugged the freighter into the harbor"
- S: (v) lug, tote, tug (carry with difficulty) "You'll have to lug this suitcase"
- S: (v) tug (move by pulling hard) "The horse finally tugged the cart out of the mud"
- S: (v) tug (pull or strain hard at) "Each oar was tugged by several men"
- S: (v) tug (struggle in opposition) "She tugged and wrestled with her conflicts"