Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) tube, tubing (conduit consisting of a long hollow object (usually cylindrical) used to hold and conduct objects or liquids or gases)
- S: (n) tube, vacuum tube, thermionic vacuum tube, thermionic tube, electron tube, thermionic valve (electronic device consisting of a system of electrodes arranged in an evacuated glass or metal envelope)
- S: (n) pipe, tube (a hollow cylindrical shape)
- S: (n) tube, tube-shaped structure ((anatomy) any hollow cylindrical body structure)
- S: (n) metro, tube, underground, subway system, subway (an electric railway operating below the surface of the ground (usually in a city)) "in Paris the subway system is called the `metro' and in London it is called the `tube' or the `underground'"
- S: (v) tube (provide with a tube or insert a tube into)
- S: (v) tube (convey in a tube) "inside Paris, they used to tube mail"
- S: (v) tube (ride or float on an inflated tube) "We tubed down the river on a hot summer day"
- S: (v) tube (place or enclose in a tube)