Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) truss ((medicine) a bandage consisting of a pad and belt; worn to hold a hernia in place by pressure)
- S: (n) truss (a framework of beams (rafters, posts, struts) forming a rigid structure that supports a roof or bridge or other structure)
- S: (n) corbel, truss ((architecture) a triangular bracket of brick or stone (usually of slight extent))
- S: (v) truss (tie the wings and legs of a bird before cooking it)
- S: (v) tie down, tie up, bind, truss (secure with or as if with ropes) "tie down the prisoners"; "tie up the old newspapers and bring them to the recycling shed"
- S: (v) truss (support structurally) "truss the roofs"; "trussed bridges"