Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) tendency, trend (a general direction in which something tends to move) "the shoreward tendency of the current"; "the trend of the stock market"
- S: (n) course, trend (general line of orientation) "the river takes a southern course"; "the northeastern trend of the coast"
- S: (n) drift, trend, movement (a general tendency to change (as of opinion)) "not openly liberal but that is the trend of the book"; "a broad movement of the electorate to the right"
- S: (n) vogue, trend, style (the popular taste at a given time) "leather is the latest vogue"; "he followed current trends"; "the 1920s had a style of their own"
- S: (v) swerve, sheer, curve, trend, veer, slue, slew, cut (turn sharply; change direction abruptly) "The car cut to the left at the intersection"; "The motorbike veered to the right"