Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) theodolite, transit (a surveying instrument for measuring horizontal and vertical angles, consisting of a small telescope mounted on a tripod)
- S: (n) transportation system, transportation, transit (a facility consisting of the means and equipment necessary for the movement of passengers or goods)
- S: (n) passage, transit (a journey usually by ship) "the outward passage took 10 days"
- S: (v) transit, pass through, move through, pass across, pass over (make a passage or journey from one place to another) "The tourists moved through the town and bought up all the souvenirs"; "Some travelers pass through the desert"
- S: (v) transit (pass across (a sign or house of the zodiac) or pass across (the disk of a celestial body or the meridian of a place)) "The comet will transit on September 11"
- S: (v) transit (revolve (the telescope of a surveying transit) about its horizontal transverse axis in order to reverse its direction)
- S: (v) transit (cause or enable to pass through) "The canal will transit hundreds of ships every day"