Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) flip, toss (the act of flipping a coin)
- S: (n) pass, toss, flip ((sports) the act of throwing the ball to another member of your team) "the pass was fumbled"
- S: (n) toss (an abrupt movement) "a toss of his head"
- S: (v) flip, toss, sky, pitch (throw or toss with a light motion) "flip me the beachball"; "toss me newspaper"
- S: (v) flip, toss (lightly throw to see which side comes up) "I don't know what to do--I may as well flip a coin!"
- S: (v) chuck, toss (throw carelessly) "chuck the ball"
- S: (v) convulse, thresh, thresh about, thrash, thrash about, slash, toss, jactitate (move or stir about violently) "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
- S: (v) discard, fling, toss, toss out, toss away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, throw out, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away (throw or cast away) "Put away your worries"
- S: (v) toss (agitate) "toss the salad"