Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) torus, tore (commonly the lowest molding at the base of a column)
- S: (v) tear, rupture, snap, bust (separate or cause to separate abruptly) "The rope snapped"; "tear the paper"
- S: (v) tear (to separate or be separated by force) "planks were in danger of being torn from the crossbars"
- S: (v) tear, shoot, shoot down, charge, buck (move quickly and violently) "The car tore down the street"; "He came charging into my office"
- S: (v) pluck, pull, tear, deplume, deplumate, displume (strip of feathers) "pull a chicken"; "pluck the capon"
- S: (v) tear (fill with tears or shed tears) "Her eyes were tearing"