Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) tonic (of or relating to or producing normal tone or tonus in muscles or tissue) "a tonic reflex"; "tonic muscle contraction"
- S: (adj) tonic, tonal (employing variations in pitch to distinguish meanings of otherwise similar words) "Chinese is a tonal language"
- S: (adj) tonic, accented ((used of syllables) bearing the principle stress, usually accompanied by a change in pitch) "a tonic syllables carries the main stress in a word"
- S: (adj) tonic (relating to or being the keynote of a major or minor scale) "tonic harmony"
- S: (adj) bracing, brisk, fresh, refreshing, refreshful, tonic (imparting vitality and energy) "the bracing mountain air"