Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) tolerant (showing respect for the rights or opinions or practices of others)
- S: (adj) kind, tolerant (tolerant and forgiving under provocation) "our neighbor was very kind about the window our son broke"
- S: (adj) broad, large-minded, liberal, tolerant (showing or characterized by broad-mindedness) "a broad political stance"; "generous and broad sympathies"; "a liberal newspaper"; "tolerant of his opponent's opinions"
- S: (adj) tolerant, resistant (able to tolerate environmental conditions or physiological stress) "the plant is tolerant of saltwater"; "these fish are quite tolerant as long as extremes of pH are avoided"; "the new hybrid is more resistant to drought"
- S: (adj) tolerant, patient of (showing the capacity for endurance) "injustice can make us tolerant and forgiving"; "a man patient of distractions"