Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) subject, topic, theme (the subject matter of a conversation or discussion) "he didn't want to discuss that subject"; "it was a very sensitive topic"; "his letters were always on the theme of love"
- S: (n) theme, motif (a unifying idea that is a recurrent element in literary or artistic work) "it was the usual `boy gets girl' theme"
- S: (n) theme, melodic theme, musical theme, idea ((music) melodic subject of a musical composition) "the theme is announced in the first measures"; "the accompanist picked up the idea and elaborated it"
- S: (n) composition, paper, report, theme (an essay (especially one written as an assignment)) "he got an A on his composition"
- S: (n) root, root word, base, stem, theme, radical ((linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed) "thematic vowels are part of the stem"
- S: (v) theme (provide with a particular theme or motive) "the restaurant often themes its menus"