Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) tempt, allure (dispose or incline or entice to) "We were tempted by the delicious-looking food"
- S: (v) entice, lure, tempt (provoke someone to do something through (often false or exaggerated) promises or persuasion) "He lured me into temptation"
- S: (v) tempt, invite (give rise to a desire by being attractive or inviting) "the window displays tempted the shoppers"
- S: (v) charm, influence, tempt (induce into action by using one's charm) "She charmed him into giving her all his money"
- S: (v) tempt (try to seduce)
- S: (v) tempt (try presumptuously) "St. Anthony was tempted in the desert"