Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) target, mark (a reference point to shoot at) "his arrow hit the mark"
- S: (n) prey, quarry, target, fair game (a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence) "he fell prey to muggers"; "everyone was fair game"; "the target of a manhunt"
- S: (n) target, target area (the location of the target that is to be hit)
- S: (n) target, butt (sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at)
- S: (n) aim, object, objective, target (the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable)) "the sole object of her trip was to see her children"
- S: (v) target, aim, place, direct, point (intend (something) to move towards a certain goal) "He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face"; "criticism directed at her superior"; "direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"