Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) pat, rap, tap (the sound made by a gentle blow)
- S: (n) rap, strike, tap (a gentle blow)
- S: (n) water faucet, water tap, tap, hydrant (a faucet for drawing water from a pipe or cask)
- S: (n) tap (a small metal plate that attaches to the toe or heel of a shoe (as in tap dancing))
- S: (n) tap (a tool for cutting female (internal) screw threads)
- S: (n) tap, spigot (a plug for a bunghole in a cask)
- S: (n) wiretap, tap (the act of tapping a telephone or telegraph line to get information)
- S: (n) tap, pat, dab (a light touch or stroke)
- S: (v) tap (cut a female screw thread with a tap)
- S: (v) tap (draw from or dip into to get something) "tap one's memory"; "tap a source of money"
- S: (v) tap, tip (strike lightly) "He tapped me on the shoulder"
- S: (v) exploit, tap (draw from; make good use of) "we must exploit the resources we are given wisely"
- S: (v) wiretap, tap, intercept, bug (tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information) "The FBI was tapping the phone line of the suspected spy"; "Is this hotel room bugged?"
- S: (v) tap (furnish with a tap or spout, so as to be able to draw liquid from it) "tap a cask of wine"
- S: (v) tap, rap, knock, pink (make light, repeated taps on a surface) "he was tapping his fingers on the table impatiently"
- S: (v) tap (walk with a tapping sound)
- S: (v) tapdance, tap (dance and make rhythmic clicking sounds by means of metal plates nailed to the sole of the dance shoes) "Glover tapdances better than anybody"
- S: (v) tap (draw (liquor) from a tap) "tap beer in a bar"
- S: (v) tap (pierce in order to draw a liquid from) "tap a maple tree for its syrup"; "tap a keg of beer"
- S: (v) solicit, beg, tap (make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently) "Henry IV solicited the Pope for a divorce"; "My neighbor keeps soliciting money for different charities"