Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) surprise (the astonishment you feel when something totally unexpected happens to you)
- S: (n) surprise (a sudden unexpected event)
- S: (n) surprise, surprisal (the act of surprising someone)
- S: (v) surprise (cause to be surprised) "The news really surprised me"
- S: (v) surprise (come upon or take unawares) "She surprised the couple"; "He surprised an interesting scene"
- S: (v) storm, surprise (attack by storm; attack suddenly)