Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) surface (the outer boundary of an artifact or a material layer constituting or resembling such a boundary) "there is a special cleaner for these surfaces"; "the cloth had a pattern of red dots on a white surface"
- S: (n) surface (the extended two-dimensional outer boundary of a three-dimensional object) "they skimmed over the surface of the water"; "a brush small enough to clean every dental surface"; "the sun has no distinct surface"
- S: (n) surface, Earth's surface (the outermost level of the land or sea) "earthquakes originate far below the surface"; "three quarters of the Earth's surface is covered by water"
- S: (n) surface (a superficial aspect as opposed to the real nature of something) "it was not what it appeared to be on the surface"
- S: (n) open, surface (information that has become public) "all the reports were out in the open"; "the facts had been brought to the surface"
- S: (n) airfoil, aerofoil, control surface, surface (a device that provides reactive force when in motion relative to the surrounding air; can lift or control a plane in flight)
- S: (v) surface, come up, rise up, rise (come to the surface)
- S: (v) coat, surface (put a coat on; cover the surface of; furnish with a surface) "coat the cake with chocolate"
- S: (v) come on, come out, turn up, surface, show up (appear or become visible; make a showing) "She turned up at the funeral"; "I hope the list key is going to surface again"
- S: (adj) surface (on the surface) "surface materials of the moon"