Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) stub (a short piece remaining on a trunk or stem where a branch is lost)
- S: (n) nub, stub (a small piece) "a nub of coal"; "a stub of a pencil"
- S: (n) stub, ticket stub (a torn part of a ticket returned to the holder as a receipt)
- S: (n) stub, check stub, counterfoil (the part of a check that is retained as a record)
- S: (n) butt, stub (the small unused part of something (especially the end of a cigarette that is left after smoking))
- S: (v) stub (pull up (weeds) by their roots)
- S: (v) stub (extinguish by crushing) "stub out your cigarette now"
- S: (v) stub (clear of weeds by uprooting them) "stub a field"
- S: (v) stub (strike (one's toe) accidentally against an object) "She stubbed her toe in the dark and now it's broken"