Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) street (a thoroughfare (usually including sidewalks) that is lined with buildings) "they walked the streets of the small town"; "he lives on Nassau Street"
- S: (n) street (the part of a thoroughfare between the sidewalks; the part of the thoroughfare on which vehicles travel) "be careful crossing the street"
- S: (n) street (the streets of a city viewed as a depressed environment in which there is poverty and crime and prostitution and dereliction) "she tried to keep her children off the street"
- S: (n) street (a situation offering opportunities) "he worked both sides of the street"; "cooperation is a two-way street"
- S: (n) street (people living or working on the same street) "the whole street protested the absence of street lights"