Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) storm, violent storm (a violent weather condition with winds 64-72 knots (11 on the Beaufort scale) and precipitation and thunder and lightning)
- S: (n) storm, tempest (a violent commotion or disturbance) "the storms that had characterized their relationship had died away"; "it was only a tempest in a teapot"
- S: (n) storm (a direct and violent assault on a stronghold)
- S: (v) ramp, rage, storm (behave violently, as if in state of a great anger)
- S: (v) storm, force (take by force) "Storm the fort"
- S: (v) storm (rain, hail, or snow hard and be very windy, often with thunder or lightning) "If it storms, we'll need shelter"
- S: (v) storm (blow hard) "It was storming all night"
- S: (v) storm, surprise (attack by storm; attack suddenly)