Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) stimulate, excite (act as a stimulant) "The book stimulated her imagination"; "This play stimulates"
- S: (v) induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make (cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner) "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"; "My children finally got me to buy a computer"; "My wife made me buy a new sofa"
- S: (v) stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir (stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of) "These stories shook the community"; "the civil war shook the country"
- S: (v) stimulate, arouse, brace, energize, energise, perk up (cause to be alert and energetic) "Coffee and tea stimulate me"; "This herbal infusion doesn't stimulate"
- S: (v) induce, stimulate, rush, hasten (cause to occur rapidly) "the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions"
- S: (v) stimulate, excite, stir (stir feelings in) "stimulate my appetite"; "excite the audience"; "stir emotions"
- S: (v) provoke, stimulate (provide the needed stimulus for)