Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) star ((astronomy) a celestial body of hot gases that radiates energy derived from thermonuclear reactions in the interior)
- S: (n) ace, adept, champion, sensation, maven, mavin, virtuoso, genius, hotshot, star, superstar, whiz, whizz, wizard, wiz (someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field)
- S: (n) star (any celestial body visible (as a point of light) from the Earth at night)
- S: (n) star, principal, lead (an actor who plays a principal role)
- S: (n) star (a plane figure with 5 or more points; often used as an emblem)
- S: (n) headliner, star (a performer who receives prominent billing)
- S: (n) asterisk, star (a star-shaped character * used in printing)
- S: (n) star topology, star (the topology of a network whose components are connected to a hub)
- S: (v) star (feature as the star) "The movie stars Dustin Hoffman as an autistic man"
- S: (v) star (be the star in a performance)
- S: (v) star, asterisk (mark with an asterisk) "Linguists star unacceptable sentences"
- S: (adj) leading, prima, star, starring, stellar (indicating the most important performer or role) "the leading man"; "prima ballerina"; "prima donna"; "a star figure skater"; "the starring role"; "a stellar role"; "a stellar performance"