Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) goad, goading, prod, prodding, urging, spur, spurring (a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something) "the ceaseless prodding got on his nerves"
- S: (n) spur, spine, acantha (any sharply pointed projection)
- S: (n) spur (tubular extension at the base of the corolla in some flowers)
- S: (n) spur, gad (a sharp prod fixed to a rider's heel and used to urge a horse onward) "cowboys know not to squat with their spurs on"
- S: (n) branch line, spur track, spur (a railway line connected to a trunk line)
- S: (v) spur (incite or stimulate) "The Academy was formed to spur research"
- S: (v) spur, goad (give heart or courage to)
- S: (v) spur (strike with a spur)
- S: (v) spur (goad with spurs) "the rider spurred his horse"
- S: (v) spur (equip with spurs) "spur horses"