Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) sponge (a porous mass of interlacing fibers that forms the internal skeleton of various marine animals and usable to absorb water or any porous rubber or cellulose product similarly used)
- S: (n) quick study, sponge (someone able to acquire new knowledge and skills rapidly and easily) "she soaks up foreign languages like a sponge"
- S: (n) leech, parasite, sponge, sponger (a follower who hangs around a host (without benefit to the host) in hope of gain or advantage)
- S: (n) sponge, poriferan, parazoan (primitive multicellular marine animal whose porous body is supported by a fibrous skeletal framework; usually occurs in sessile colonies)
- S: (v) sponge (wipe with a sponge, so as to clean or moisten)
- S: (v) mooch, bum, cadge, grub, sponge (ask for and get free; be a parasite)
- S: (v) sponge (erase with a sponge; as of words on a blackboard)
- S: (v) sponge (soak up with a sponge)
- S: (v) sponge (gather sponges, in the ocean)